The Pennsylvania HBPA is pleased to announce our new horse adoption program, New Start, which can be found on the web HERE. After a very successful time partering with New Vocations, the Pennsylvania HBPA Board of Directors has decided to branch out and explore all opportunities for horses that will be retired from racing at Penn National.
Several of the requirements remain the same as well as continued funding through a $10 dues assessment for each starter at Penn National.
The process for submitting a horse into the program begins with the eligibility requirements, which are as follows.
1. Trainer must have 50% or more of all North American starts at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course (HCPNRC).
2. Horses having more than 10 lifetime starts must have a minimum of 7 of their last 10 starts at HCPNRC.
3. Horses with 3-10 lifetime starts must have made 70% or more of their lifetime starts at HCPNRC.
4. Horse with less than 3 lifetime starts must have trained at HCPNRC with a minimum of 3 published works located at HCPNRC and received their gate card at HCPNRC.
5. Male horses must be geldings.
Horses not meeting the above criteria may apply for admission via application and will be considered on an individual basis by the Horse Adoption Committee.
If you are interested in donating a horse and meet the requirements, please download the application below. Also if you would like to adopt one of our horses, click on the Adopter Application. Finally, if you are a farm that would like to take in the donated horses please review the Foster Farm Agreement and Application.
More more information on the program, call the PA HBPA Office or contact Murray Rojas, who is running the New Start Program, directly at 717-644-3413.
Previous Horses Adopted